That is a RACF thing. Ask your RACF administrator if there is a
BPX.DAEMON profile in the FACILITY class. If so, what RACF id (user ids
and groups) are in the ACCESS list? Basically, any UNIX program which
wants to switch identities (I.e. setuid() / seteuid() functions, aka
"su") must either be UID(0) (root) or have at least READ access to the
BPX.DAEMON profile in the FACILITY class. WARNING - anything which is
running, using the BPX.DAEMON facility must be running in a "clean"
environment. That means that every program that is invoked by it is
defined in the PROGRAM class. Normally, you have a ** entry in the
PROGRAM class which lists all of the "approved" datasets from which
"clean" programs may be loaded. If your daemon tries to load a program
from a dataset other than one in this list, you get a whine message from
RACF and loose your daemon authority (usually followed by a horrible
death).

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.