John,

On 30 Jan 2006 12:33:15 -0800,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (John R. Ehrman) wrote:

>As John Eells noted, if you have z/VM and z/OS, you already have the
>"standard" HLASM. I assumed that users like yourself would continue
>to use the MVS or VM forms of HLASM.

On 30 Jan 2006 13:06:35 -0800,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (John R. Ehrman) wrote:

>I wasn't aware of the possibility of running zLinux on a regular
>processor; I'll have to check with whether or not HLASM for zLinux
>could be ordered for such a configuration as well as on an IFL.

Our shop does not have an IFL. Instead, we are running Debian Linux as a
VM guest, with VM running in an LPAR. It's quite conceivable that someday
we might want to write assembly code targeted for Linux, with the assembly
being performed on Linux. Could HLASM for Linux be licensed for this type
of configuration (no IFL)?

Eric

--
Eric Chevalier                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                           Web: www.tulsagrammer.com