That happens only if we deactivate an LPAR. I would think that the POR would always drop the sessions, since, until the POR completes, there is no ICC.

If all I do is shut down, quiesce, and then load the opsys, I do not loose the session. We have found that if you use Reflections and do a CUT, it locks the session long enough to drop the console. TN3270plus does not suffer from this.

Kittendorf, Craig wrote:

Hi,

We have a test lpar running on our new z890 and I have configured the
ICC.  We have Attachmate on the PC connected to the ICC.  When the LPAR
was shutdown and POR the Attachmate emulator sessions for both Console
and VTAM closed completely.  Not just disconnected, but closed.  Of
course, when we IPL'd they weren't available.  BTW, we are still using
real 3174s also.

1)      Anyone else using Attachmate (myEXTRA Enterprise 7.1a) ?
2)      Anyone else have a problem with the emulator session closing ?

Thanks,
  Craig