Precisely so. SExx is an IDMS/R thing. I don't have the IDMS books here, but my recollection is that this is a security abend out of the IDMS SVC (SVC X'xx').

Bob

Rob Scott wrote:
Carefull - we are talking about system code "EFF" and not "FFF"

System Code "Fxx" means that SVC x'nn' encountered a problem (normally
SVC not defined).

However, system code "EFF" is not defined in the Z/OS system codes - and
it most likely issued by some sort of ISV/In-House software.
As the PSW points to some code that invokes SVC 255 (0AFF) it is
possible that SVC 255 has issued the the abend with a system code of
'EFF' - this should be documented in the ISV manual and if not then open
an incident with them