From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Simplest way for app to tell if JES2 or JES3 environment?

No, the name of JES2 is not always "JES2". I've run what was (is?)
called PolyJES where I have multiple, separate JES2 subsystems running
on a single MVS image, each called something different. Rember that a
subsystem can be a max of 4 characters, so JES2TEST is not possible. I
have run with JESA, however. If you're a pervert, you could run JES2 and
call it "JES3" <grin>.

Perhaps you could tell us why you want to know? For instance something
like: "I know that if I'm running JES3, then I can do ... and it will
work." Where "..." is something that is JES3 only such as DJC (Dependant
Job Control).

The field SSCTSSID will tell if this is JES2, JES3, or "other" (what
other?). I think you must "chain chase" to find this control block. I