Hi,

A weird one and a problem for which we have a query into HDS support.

Has anyone seen message IEE012A issued for no apparent reason when
issuing PPRC commands against HDS DASD?

A PPRC command was being sent to change the status of a "trigger group".

IEA494I 4936,HDSTR2,PPRC PAIR SUSPENDED,SSID=4019,CCA=36
IEE012A NO LONGER SAVING MESSAGES FOR HARDCOPY, LOGLIM REACHED

The documented cause for IEE012A is certainly not true.

Explanation:  A VARY SYSLOG,HARDCPY,OFF,UNCOND has previously been
issued.
MVS has saved messages to be hardcopied later, but the limit of LOGLIM
has
been reached.

System Action:  Messages issued after this point will not be hardcopied,

unless LOGLIM is increased, or hardcopy is re-activated.

Operator Response:  Either activate a hardcopy medium, or increase the

value of LOGLIM with the CONTROL M,LOGLIM command.

Note:  You can display the log buffer limit, and the number of buffers
in
       use, by issuing the D C,HC command.

Source: Master scheduler

Detecting Module:  IEEMB804

Routing Code: 1,2

Descriptor Code: 1

I think our settings for LOGLIM are reasonable

D C,HC
IEE889I 13.59.53 CONSOLE DISPLAY 788
MSG: CURR=0    LIM=9999 RPLY:CURR=50   LIM=100  SYS=BSYS      PFK=00
 CONSOLE            ID  --------------- SPECIFICATIONS ---------------
 SYSLOG                 COND=H      AUTH=CMDS         NBUF=N/A
                        ROUTCDE=ALL
LOG BUFFERS IN USE:        0  LOG BUFFER LIMIT:     1000

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."
This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.