In a recent note, Dave Salt said:

> Date:         Thu, 9 Feb 2006 00:10:04 +0000
>
> If you already know REXX my advise would be stay away from CLIST as REXX is
> much more powerful. If there's some reason why you can't do that and you

There are some few but very significant facilities of CLIST that
have absolutely no equivalent in Rexx.  The one that comes to mind
is modal command execution.

> absolutely have to use CLIST, you can create an array by prefixing variables
> with adjoining ampersands. For example:
>
>    SET &TEMP = &&COLOR&COUNT

Does this work in CLIST even as it does in Rexx if the tail
("&COUNT" in this case) is an (almost) arbitrary string, possibly
containing special characters, whitespace, etc.:

    COUNT = 'Anything in the rainbow'
    COLOR.COUNT = 'spectrum'

-- gil
--