Actually, my point was, if your allocation is able to be done at a "low
enough" level, you get below "OPEN/CLOSE/EOV" and 14/15 & 30 are not
written. So, unless an exit had been put in to prevent the SMF records
that someone did not tell me about (I was not the only developer doing
things), we did NOT get any SMF records for these allocations (I had the
system recording ALL records in SMFPRMxx being used at the time.

WYLBUR, in using SVC32, also did its own read/write of VTOC records,
attempted to consolidate data sets to single extent, etc. Which is why
SVC32 is not a good idea in an SMS managed shop.
The good news is that SVC 32 (allocate) does not work on SMS-managed volumes. Either SVC 99 or the undocumented SMS subsystem call must be used.

But allocation of non-VSAM datasets never created any SMF records (except possibly a catalog update record). OPEN creates the 14/15 records. so a non-VSAM dataset which is allocated but not opened creates no SMF records.
--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR