From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matthew Stitt
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 10:23 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Removing obsolete catalog references from VVDS

I've tried to do that function.  After a conversation with IBM support,
we basically agreed to forget that problem exists.  There is no way to
remove a catalog name entry from the VVDS.  Unless you want to try
changing the records yourself (VERY not recommended).  Doing a Delete
Noscratch against the VVDS assumes the catalog exists.  However the
Delete does not remove the  backward catalog pointer from the VVDS.

It would seem like that would be bad follow-through, but I've used that
erroneous information at times to find datasets on the volume I can't
get rid of because the catalog is missing, and built a matching catalog
just to fix those type of problems.

Just ignore the message, and you should notice no adverse effects from
the entries.