Both SMS and non-SMS allocations yield the same result here for PS.

Regards,
John Kalinich

                      David Andrews

                      <dba                     To:      IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU

                      @LISTS.DUDA.COM>         cc:

                      Sent by: IBM             Subject: Re: DASD allocation
guidelines
                      Mainframe

                      Discussion List

                      <IBM-MAIN

                      02/14/2006 10:52

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to IBM Mainframe

                      Discussion List

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 10:03 -0600, John P Kalinich wrote:
> I have found that DSORG PS and PO don't always get half track blocking
with
> SDB.  For example, SDB picks a BLKSIZE of 7000 for LRECL 7000.

Interesting.  On my system (z/OS 1.3... yeah, I know) an extended
sequential dataset at LRECL=6991 yields BLKSIZE=27964.  LRECL=6992
yields BLKSIZE=6992.

But change to non-SMS allocation, and LRECL=6992 yields BLKSIZE=27968.
The plot thickens.

David Andrews