On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:28:38 -0500, George Bly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>There was talk of mainframe connectors?  There were tools that could
measure
>mainframe stress(os, cics, disk, cpu) but no specifics.  The mainframe is
>one engine 192mip we handle 1,767,000 transactions during an 8 hour day.
>Plus batch, plus DB2, and plus TSO.  We run 100% and we want to see where
>bottlenecks occur while we ramp up web transactions. We use RMF to measure
>things and had it all analyzed it shows we need CPU.  My boss wants a
second
>opinion as to why and how many does it take.

You might want to look at IBM's "IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager
for Response Time Tracking".
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/composite-application-mgr-
rtt/
Haven't used it myself, but I saw a presentation at the zSeries Expo. Will
show end to end response time with breakdowns for web server time,
subsystem time (CICS & DB2) and network time.

-Rob