Ron,

Well, no. MVS Busy is not "wrong" but needs understanding that it is not the same as CPU Busy. Once its definition is understood, it is as valid as any other measure. Maybe a different term would be more acceptable (maybe we should come up with a description that does not convey "busy" even though once we understand the meaning, the metric is as clear as CPU Busy).

For that matter, CPU Busy in LPAR mode has its own share of problems.  ;-)

Don

******
Don Deese, Computer Management Sciences, Inc.
Voice: (703) 922-7027  Fax: (703) 922-7305
http://www.cpexpert.org
******