Jerry

You have to define the device to Flexes first. Go to a terminal window
(We have Linux) and enter
D DEVSTATE  590     it should show the a file name like   /dev/st1  or
/dev/st0

If not you will have to issue a mount command to z/OS 1.6.  If your FLEX
box is from Cornerstone, there should be a window where you issue the
shutdown command. Go to that window and issue
mount 590  /dev/st0   or  /dev/st1   depending on your configuration

This will let the z/OS image know where the tape drive is attached.

You should then be able to get to the tape drive. I recommend you use
the UNIT=560 or UNIT=590 since you only have the one drive. Either it is
there or not.

10.59.07 JOB01285 *IEF233A M 0560,IC0413,,RAYX,T01,IBM.HABR110.F1
10.59.49           IEE457I 10.59.49 UNIT STATUS 981
UNIT TYPE STATUS        VOLSER     VOLSTATE
0560 3480 A-BSY-R       IC0413     PRIV/REMOV
0561 3480 OFFLINE                      /REMOV