I Wanted to add to this question what is really the problem for us. When
you do a ABARS recover from HSM data its my understanding IBM doesn't give
the user the option to rename a VSAM dataset. Does anyone have a way or
have gotten around this? We really didnt want to define all the alias's
from the system this is all coming from.

Original question:
We were wondering if anyone has had the same problem as us. We have done a
merger with a company but now have a system with a lot of HSM migrated
tapes which contains all type of data e,.g. VSAM, PDSE etc. We were going
to create ABAR backups but im told by the storage people that it wont
handle VSAM correctly if we bring it back to our shop and try to restore
it and use it. This would only be restored if we needed it for legal
reasons. Has anyone else had this problem? And how did they solve it?

We thought about recalling the data to dasd then using something like
ADRDSSU or FDR and just back up the backs and do a dcollect so we may get
to it some day if needed. The problem is its about 5TB of HSM data and
they only have 2 TB of dasd etc Again was wondering if there was an easier
solution? If you want to share your thoughts offline id appreciate it.
Thanks

Andy S White
Internet: Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.