Dave Kopischke wrote:
That's the basis for the question. Waaay back when IBM was talking about an
annual release schedule, they announced a four release support policy. I'm
not seeing that now. Maybe I'm not reading the dates right ??? I'd have to
do some searching just to come up with the doc I think I read that in. Does
nobody else recall that ???

Dave,

I always recall 3 years except when z/OS 1 came out; now
3 years sometimes meant 4 releases when they were releasing
sometimes annually and sometimes semi-annually. But 3 years
has been pretty consistent except for the OS/390 to z/OS
transition.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock