<snip>

> If you don't give someone RACF access to a file, then they
> can't open it, dump it, look at it - they'll just know the
> name.  And why is that an issue with the security people?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Thomen
> Catalog/IDCAMS/VSAM Development

In our shop it wasn't a thing with the security people (me). It was a
programmer who thought he should have READ access to anything that he
could see in ISPF! He whined like a puppy about it. He was slapped down
by me. I told him that he had access to everything he needed to do his
job. His response was along the lines of "well, how do I know that's
true if I can't see inside every PDS? There might be something there
that I could use if I knew it existed." He learned, the hard way, to not
P.O. the main sysprog who is also the main security administrator. The
learning was that all his questions immediately got a priority of zero.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.