Hi, I am having a problem defining a printer for our Integrated Console
Controller.

We have a Z890 running ZOS 1.4. I have an integrated console working on
out test LPAR. I need to replace a 3286-2 type printer. I am using the
OSA-Express Integrated Console Controller Implementation Guide Redbook
from Oct 2005 and the Integrated Console Controller User's Guide.

How do I define the printer in my HCD? In the Redbook for IODEVICE
statement they say HCD requires a device type of 3287. When I try to
attach that to the OSC control unit that my console is attached to the
HCD says that it is not a valid type for that type of control unit.

Has someone done this with printers that could point me in the right
direction.

Thank You

Gerald Churchill

SUNY System Adm.