We have one S/390 in the other room, and you're right, the 4 different
consoles are different LPAR's I found out. My confusion with TSO's came from
the TPXA menu that I can bring up on the desk computer. It lists different
TSO's and an associated system. I'm clear on that now.

The main operators are in Georgia, we're not expected to know MVS nearly as
much as them. I just mount the tapes, file them, pull scratch tapes, fill
the silo, things like that. And I am the first to respond to drive errors.
They are very strict on the inventory procedure of tapes. I run a few TMS
jobs, some requiring some JCL modification. I got my first paycheck today,
things are going alright.

Matt Collins