As Brian mentioned, DB2 uses the XTIOT, which is stored in non-contiguous
storage, above the 16 MEG line.  However, in z/OS 1.4 and before, the DSAB
chain, which is used to manage all allocations, was still below the 16 MEG
line, which limited the the total number of allocations available.  However,
in z/OS 1.5, the DSAB chain now resides above the line, relaxing these
limits.
Wayne Driscoll
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...