In your TCPIP params, make the telnet port (23) look the same as the ftp
port (20). I.e.

  23 TCP OMVS      NOAUTOLOG ; Telnet Server

This works for me. You currently have INTCLIEN which is the TN3270
server, despite the foolish comments that IBM put about "telnet" server.
This is setting the port up as a TN3270 port (aka VTAM port), and not
allowing "inetd" to open it.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.