Unless you are changing device geometry or size, you should be able to
acomplish the same result with ICKDSF only.

Bruces way:  Vary offline to all systems, run ICKDSF REFORMAT, vary online
to all systems.

Your way:  Vary offline, IXFP Delete, IXFP Define, ICKDSF INIT, vary online.

IXFP has a NAME field on define, it's been a LONG time, but I don't think it
is ever visable from z/OS except maybe from some of the IXFP reports.  It is
NOT the VOLSER.  In fact, I just looked and apparently the 32 devices I
"fast path" replicated all have the same name.

> I am just going to have to delete the functional device definition from
IXFP
> and then re-define the same unit with a new vol=ser name.
> Does a delete from IXFP totally delete a device from the system or is
there
> other work involved?

---