Ted,

I've used shared DASD without GRS or MIM since for 26 years without any
problems. The only problems I've ever hit with shared volumes is where
GRSRNL is not tailored to support the shared volumes.

If GRS ring was not set up on those systems there would not have been a
problem at all, as the Reserve(s) would not have been converted - GRS caused
the problem.

Ron