>I'm somehow behind in terminology.
>I've seen a few posts that state something is #U.
>EG: 3U.
>What does that mean?

1U = 1.75 inches in height, and is the U from RU or rack unit.  Its a
measurement of space for something to take in the standard 19 inch racks
used for everything these days.   Used to also be called 1 pizza box,
although I don't hear that much anymore.

I do believe the measurements are all left over from the old telephone
company days... and looking in Wikipedia I see that's right.  Want to read
more?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19-inch_rack

Jeffrey Deaver, Senior Analyst, Systems Engineering
651-665-4231