On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:02:28 -0600, Mark Steely <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>We are z/OS V1R4. Last night we received the message:
>
>IEA061E REPLACEMENT ASID SHORTAGE HAS BEEN DETECTED
>
>The manual states that the RSVNONR is used to replace entries that are
>marked non-reusable. I understand why we have entries that are marked
>non-reusable, but why is the system using  the reserve slots instead of
>the free ASID slots. Does this mean we wont be able to start another
>address space that marked an entry non-reusable. Any help would be
>appreciated.
>What values does your site have for RSVNONR and RSVSTRT?

Mark,

We too have had to increase RSVNONR in recent years for address spaces
which leave non-reusable entries at termination (ex. WAS recycles).  A
shortage of RSVNONR is a lousy reason to IPL an LPAR.  Here are our specs:

RSVNONR=300,                  20>100 8/04, >200 01/05, >300 06/05
RSVSTRT=20,                   RESERVED ASVT ENTRIES

Paul