Ed Rabara wrote:
John S. Giltner, Jr. wrote:

We originally tried SFTP (SSH FTP) but ended up using FTPS (FTP TSL/SSL)
instead.

SSH FTP can only access files in a HFS/ZFS, no "real mvs files", FTP
TSL/SSL can access all files no matter where they live.  As 99.99999% of
all the files we process are "mvs files" we found it made our life
easier.

I'm interested in enabling the "secure" part of secure FTP, secure TN3270
Server, etc. Am I to understand that to get those "secure" parts working
you have to have TLS/SSL working on your system first? Can you point me to
the most complete and useful manual to enable TLS/SSL on z/OS, please?

Try SG24-7170-00, Communications Server for z/OS V1R7
TCP/IP Implementation, Volume 2 Standard Applications
--
Ulrich Boche
SVA GmbH, Germany