2 Robert Speck Pkwy, 280
Mississauga, ON L4Z-1H8
Desk:  905-854-4156
Cell:     647-400-4156
Office: 905-275-9977

             Jose Martinez
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: SYSLOG purging . . .

             03/14/2006 04:10
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

John, I don't know if you are familiar to using OPERLOG. If not, I should
suggest you ought to. I personally feel my life got better when we got rid
of SYSLOG.

  In case you are, please take a look at CBT file #513, there you will find
a set of tools to take advantage of OPERLOG. In few words, we use a schema
of 10 days of log data online, and 45 days in migrated data sets. To
exploit the data, you will find the tools to explote data  by a lot of
search criteria (date, sysname, task name, tso user name, character string,
etc.)

  I hope it will help you.
  Regards,
  Jose Maria