From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Abend 002-04 extracting SMF records

Kok, Howi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm experiencing abend 002-04 when reading SMF data on a tape with
> IFASMFDP.  I searched the list archive and found some records of the
> same problem in 1999.  One suggestion offered was to use DFSORT with
> SPANINC=RC0.  I tried this and did not work.  We are on z/OS and
DFSORT
> 1.4.  The SORT message is ICE027A 2 END OF          FIELD BEYOND
MAXIMUM
> RECORD LENGTH. The tape data set is a weekly accumulation of SMF data
> and was initialized with the following JCL:
>
> //INIT   EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
>
> //SYSUT1 DD DUMMY
>
> //SYSUT2 DD DSN=SMF.WEEKLY(+1),DCB=(BLKSIZE=32760,RECFM=VBS),...
>
> //SYSIN     DD DUMMY
>

> Can anyone suggest what might be the problem and how to deal with
this?

//K10      EXEC PGM=ICEMAN
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SORTIN   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.ARCHSMF.G0367V00  <-- broken dataset

//SORTOUT  DD DSN=SYS1.VBSFIX,DISP=(,CATLG),LIKE=SYS1.ARCHSMF.G0367V00,
//         VOL=(,,,14),SPACE=(CYL,(1000,1000))
//SYSIN    DD *
  OPTION COPY,SPANINC=RC4

--
Radoslaw Skorupka