In a recent note, "Imbriale, Donald (Exchange)" said:

> Date:         Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:39:53 -0500
>
> I just created a VB PDS, added a job and submitted it and it ran without
> incident.  No line numbers anywhere, no need to shift anything to make
> room for non-existent line numbers.  All is well.  Are you using ISPF
> edit or TSO edit?

Ummm.  "Job".  Was your VB command file inline in the job, or
referenced by a "//SYSTSIN DD DSN=" statement?  If the former,
was the job submitted with the ISPF "SUBMIT" command.  I believe
ISPF SUBMIT converts everything to FB 80.

You can easily check this: include in your command file some
commands that extend beyond column 80 (one of the OP's requirements),
and verify that all columns (1-8 and 81-*) are interpreted
properly as part of the command.

-- gil
--
StorageTek