IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 03/15/2006
04:55:52 AM:

> Jim Mulder wrote:
> > IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on
03/14/2006
> > 11:30:42 AM:
> >
> >>Two ways:
> >>1. Insert new member to PDS on SYSPROC concatenation.
> >>2. Update existing member of the library.
> >>
> >>I've got to admit I didn't investigate to much. Just discovered that
VLF

> >>recycle helps, so I always do STOP/START.
> >>It is not good method, since it affects other VLF exploiters and
> >>consumes ASID.
> >>
> >>I tried to play with VLFNOTE but the only result I got (except syntax
> >>errors) was ...S047 abend.
> >>That's why I asked the IBM-MAIN. I was sure that it is well known
issue
> >>and everybody except me knows the answer ;-)))
> >>

> >   My recollection from long ago is that STOW uses the COFNOTIF macro
> > handle notification on the system where the STOW executed.
> >
> >   VLFNOTE requires APF authorization, so must be executed from READY,
> > or you must put VLFNOTE into the AUTHCMND NAMES list in IKJTSOxx.
> > The (OCO, sorry) VLFNOTE code says that TSO OPER authority is required
> > for some of the VLFNOTE functions, although the HELP for VLFNOTE does
> > not say that.
>
> I tried VLFNOTE from TSO READY - also got S047.
> After that I added VLFNOTE to AUTHCMD list in IKJTSOxx.
> Now VLFNOTE does not abend, the command is ended OK, but... it still
> doesn't help!
> I issued the following command:
> vlfnote add class(ikjexec) dataset('brot.cmdproc(tt)')
> vlfnote update class(ikjexec) dataset('brot.cmdproc(tt)')
>
> None of the above did the work. TT member still cannot be found.

  VLFNOTE for CLASS(IKJEXEC) is to deal with the case where
TSO/E CLIST processing has cached the results of phase 1
processing for a CLIST into VLF, and when you try to execute
the CLIST, it uses this old cached copy instead of your
updated copy.

  If the TT member cannot be found, that sounds like
the directory of data set 'brot.cmdproc' is being managed by
LLA, and you need to do an appropriate LLA REFRESH.  Use the
D LLA  operator command to see if 'brot.cmdproc' is managed
by LLA.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY