From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom Schmidt
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: FW: Wishing for a JCL based PARMLIB Concatenation search

Dave,

I wouldn't restrict its use to just PARMLIB.  I would suggest that
PROCLIB might have some use, too, though maybe not as much.

The bigger usage, to me at least, is with SYSLIBs in general.  A single
specification for a COBOL compile SYSLIB - or better yet, a series of
commonly-maintained specifications for the various flavors within
anyone's business - would work wonders to simplify procedures.  I'd use
it in a heartbeat with my assemblies and probably my linkedits.

The real trick will be to get software vendors to buy into the change,
especially if the subsystem is written by/for the CBTTAPE community.
Some of the better vendors will, no doubt, support it.  Others probably
not.
Wider usage may push them into supporting it.  (By "support" I mean
allowing for its usage within their products.)

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.