On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:48:07 -0600, Tom Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:59:01 -0600, Larry Burch wrote:
>
>>Is there a product available for offloading sysouts from JES that provides
>>access (e.g., browser-based) to those reports *without* any further MVS
>>involvement?   -- and provides admin functions for archiving/retention,
>>jobname+date directory stuff, who-can-see-what authorization, etc.

>Larry,
>
>You want to offload the sysouts to a non-MVS system then, correct?
>(Wild guess is that your boss would prefer something free or nearly so,
>like maybe a Linux solution?)
>
>--
>Tom Schmidt
>Madison, WI

Tom, yes -- non-MVS, and cheap just as you guessed.  And I'll have to look-
in to LRS's "Unix based spooler" (thanks, Ed).

The objective is to be able to see reports from mainframe applications for
some number of years *after* we no longer have a mainframe (and no
mainframers, too, I might add).