[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I just heard a rumor that IBM is moving to a new way of sending
maintenance to customers.  Apparently, we're supposed to send them our
SMP/E zones and they send customized maintenance.

I'm not placing any stock in this rumor but I wanted to be sure I
hadn't missed anything since I didn't go to the last SHARE.

Here are the changes:

- Effective January 15, 2006, the S/390 Service Update Facility (SUF) was be discontinued.

- Effective March 2006, new ESO and CBPDO physical delivery subscriptions will not be accepted.

- Effective June 2006, CBPDO product orders will include service only for included products.

- Effective June 2006, Service-Only CBPDO (5751-CS3) orders will no longer be accepted.

- Effective September 2006, existing ESO and CBPDO physical delivery subscriptions will be discontinued.

You should consider using the new SMP/E Internet Service Retrieval function that was introduced with SMP/E 3.4. Using your batch scheduler to get service and HOLDDATA periodically (daily, weekly, whatever you want) can replace the subscription options we're withdrawing.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing