In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 03/20/2006
   at 01:42 PM, "Patrick O'Keefe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>And I finally contend that some advice given by the SMP experts will
>ignored, forgotten, and/or misunderstood by the SMP neophyte;

Then we'll have to agree to disagree; a competent employee would ask
for clarification rather than ignoring advice he did not understand.

>The expert may be completely justified in saying "You created te
>mess; you fix it", but who benefits from that?  Give some help and
>maybe the neophyte will learn.

Indeed; the neophyte will learn that it is safe to ignore your advice,
because you will rescue him. Google for "enabling behavior". The
situation in question is one where the employee was given, and
refused, "some help".