I may have misunderstood what Andy meant (likely in fact). However, I do
want to state that you call CALL a COBOL subroutine from an HLASM
program. You do need to make your HLASM program LE enabled. This is a
pain, but I do it for all my HLASM program which use UNIX system
services.

I have an LE-enable HLASM main routine. I have not tried to CALL
subroutines written in COBOL. But I will give that at try, just for fun.

... time passes ...

Well, I wrote a very simple HLASM LE-enabled program which did a static
CALL to an Enterprise 3.3 COBOL program. I ran the HLASM program and it
worked just fine. The COBOL program was passed an area by the HLASM
program which it updated successfully. Of course, this is just one test
and maybe I "got lucky".

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.