Another option - which I find easier - is that when JES2 prompts me for
the startup type, to add the NOREQ to my reply.  When JES issues the
$HASP426 SPECIFY OPTIONS, if I want JES to start WARM, I simply reply R
#,NOREQ, if I want it to come up COLD, R ##,COLD,NOREQ.  This way I have
control over how JES2 comes up at the prompt like Hal wants, and I don't
have to do the $S command.

Rex

Hal Merritt wrote:

> I would like to have JES2 prompt me for a start type (where I would
> respond warm or cold) and then go right into operation without having
> to enter the $S command.
>

> The FM is a little confusing. I am thinking I would code
>
> EXEC PGM=HASJES20,PARM=(NOREQ)
>

> Is this correct??

IMHO not. You want to be asked and NOREQ means no questions.
BTW: Usually PARM is specified in COMMNDxx member, i.e.
COM='S JES2,PARM='WARM,NOREQ''
IMHO it's better (more flexible) than hardcoded value in JES2 proc.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html