On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:58:27PM -0600, McKown, John wrote:
> > I'm looking at the console and I want my team mate that is 800 miles
> > away to see what I'm seeing, it's a good thing to have them also be able
> > to get into the same master console and watch me type commands and see
> > what is going on (or vice versa!).  AP Viewer allows this.  Why can't
> > ICC?
> I can envision doing this. I even envision a TN3270E "fan out" server.
> I.e. the "fan out" server connects to the mainframe. The real people
> connect to the "fan out" server. They all see the same TN3270 screen. I
> guess the "fan out" server would allow the user to select (or specify
> via the LUNAME parameter in the connect request) which mainframe screen
> (LU or address) they want to view.

My former employer's product does this for both coax and TCP/IP connections.
It's a really, really useful capability, if only for figuring out what's
going on when you get those 3 AM phone calls.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                    http://www.conmicro.cx
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net