Clark wrote:
>Having read Bob Shannon's comment about contractors breaking the
>watch, have I been elevated to the lofty category of consultant
>because I normally didn't break the programs or system?  If it weren't
>for Bob's great service to SHARE and to the field, I might really get
>annoyed.

Having been a consultant/contractor for over 26 years (I did try being an
employee for about 8 yrs), I've learned to accept the sniping - it goes
with the territory.  It's pointless to get into a pissing match.  In
truth, there's incompetency on both sides of the fence, as well as some
very good people.  But, I do take exception to that comment about the
difference between a consultant and contractor.  A contractor would simply
pocket the watch after telling the customer the time.  We're a lot more
subtle than consultants.  <grin>