Thanks Mike for the info.  We have FDR.  I presume it should work just the same.

  Thanks for answering my SOS.

Mike Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  VSAM is VSAM - so DB2 and IMS that is on VSAM can be moved with DF/DSS or
any other tool. someone already said that.
IMS that is on OSAM is not device dependent but the blksize was probably
chosen for 3380 optimum - The DBA's will have to fix it later. If you mark
the old volumes as disabled for new allocations, HSM migrate and recall will
move to the new packs. I have done it both ways. I would recomend taking
your biggest files and moveing them with DF/DSS. SMS will scatter the new
allocations accross all the packs so it doesn't really matter how you do
it.
DB2 image copies, archive logs, IMS image copies and logs are all QSAM and
idenpendent of device. blksizes may not be optimum but I doubt it is worth
changing.

The single biggest issue I remember was blksize on loadlibs. After much
discussion, we moved them manually with copymod to set new blksizes.

Mike

On 3/23/06, willie bunter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was the originator of the post and I asked for help. Somewhere down
> the line the thread got hi-jacked and the discussion became one about
> contractors and the antagonism towards them. I am very disappointed at the
> lack of professionalism.
>
> Again, if someone out there has any tips or information regarding
> 3380-3390 conversion please, please answer back.
>
> I apologise for my diatribe but I am desperate for help and information.

> New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low,
> low rates.

Mike