Walt,

The users:
- test their changes by running jobs against read-only production files
- view the files through CICS
- view the files through TSO
- run comparison jobs [both in Test and QA] against the files

The PERMIT-PROGRAM approach is how we envision to grant access through the
subsystem while disallowing direct reads.

Thanks a lot
-Victor-