From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Michael Wickman
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 2:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: MVS LTO tape usage

We have been approached with the idea of converting our tape backups
from 3590 to LTO to get encryption for our off-site backups.  There are
claims by the vender that they interface with our DASD backup system and
TMS (CA-Disk and CA-1).

I'm just started asking questions like "What about stand-alone restore
as a recovery option?"

Has anyone else looked into this or have any comments they would like
to share.

Thanks for time and responses.

Mike