Take a look at this job posting. $35/hr for PLX programmers (for the I/O subsystem, no less!). You gotta be kidding me.

XXX is in need of a PLX Programmer for one of our top clients in Poughkeepsie, NY.
Skills required:
PLX Programming skills (Very important as that is what the code is written in) OS/390 skills (MVS) Experience (Equally important as this is the operating system that the code will run under). S390 eServer hardware and millicode knowledge (Important as this is what the code is manipulating). Architecture Verification skills- Must be able to read and interpret architecture documents, technical specs so to speak, and be able to write code (in PLX) to stress and test that architecture Working knowledge or experience with S/390 eServer Channel I/O architecture and I/O devices (All of this work deals with I/O not CPU)

Duration: Until 12/31/05 w/ possibility of extension
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Shift: 1st shift, Monday-Friday
Compensation: $35/hr or $61,000 depending on benefits needed)