In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/22/2006
   at 01:26 PM, Raymond Noal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I may have found a glitch in DASDM RENAME processing where the system
>only allows for RENAME processing to be via PDF/ISPF and not through
>batch.

No, you've found that two totally unrelated programs, neither of which
is DADSM, are different. IEHPROGM is not ISPF. Even if you run both in
batch or run both under TSO, the user interfaces are different.

>The process I am attempting to do is to RENAME a data set using
>IEHPROGM from my running 1.5 system and pointing IEHPROGM to my new
>1.7 DASD volume. So, the 1.5 system does/may have the data set in
>use for itself, but not the 1.7 data set I'm trying to rename.

The ENQ for SYSDSN doesn't include the volser in the minor name.

>When you read the RENAME
>processing in the DFP Advanced Services manual as directed above,

What RENAME services?

>it  states that if the user is certain that the data set in question
>can be renamed, just press the ENTER key under PDF.

What does that have to do with IEHPROGM?

>If you are doing this in batch mode

What do you mean by "batch mode"? You're not just changing from
foreground to background, you're also switching to a different
application.

>how does one tell IEHPROGM to press the 'ENTER' key?

Why would it matter? The text in question has nothing to do with
IEHPROGM.