In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 03/28/2006
   at 01:57 AM, Ron and Jenny Hawkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>The text blocks appear as a continuous byte stream, but this is the
>unformatted representation of the text records, where each record is
>machine instruction.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. A text record is a
storage image with no additional control information: it can be read
directly in place. There is no issue of formatted versus unformatted.

>When I said "may be 256 bytes" I was referring to the size of the
>instruction "record,"

What instruction record? Machine instructions are in a text record,
which is not limited to 256 bytes.

>and I probably would have been more accurate to say
>"up to 256 bytes."

No, because text records are *not* limited to 256 bytes. You're
confusing them with other records, e.g., Control, RLD.