Even now large data sets are not fully supported by all IBM products, let
alone ISV products. For that reason, it might be premature to jump into
them with both feet. Experiment yes, but be cautious about putting them
into production.

Early on in the 1.7 ESP, it was discovered that the large data set
indicator bit in the VTOC had been used historically by a veteran data
management product. The indicator bit was moved to another spot before GA
to avoid lots of customer grief.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson