----- Original Message ----- From: "McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:19 PM
Subject: RE: Reading a Load Module

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of JONES, CHARLIE
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:04 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Reading a Load Module

I would like to convert a loadlib module to a format that I can read
with a REXX Exec.  Is this

I guess that I'm going to ask: "What do you mean by READ?". A load
module or program object is "readable" by REXX as-is. Now, understanding
what was read is a different question. What, in particular, are you
wanting to accomplish? Look for specific character strings? Look for
instruction sequences?

John,

WTF you be talkin' 'bout Willis? Rexx cannot read a load module as-is. The EXECIO gets an IRX0509E that only RECFM F and V types are supported. Do you have some type of add-on routine that does this?

Regards,
Tom Conley