Hi,

We are still at OS390 2.10. Our DASD are 3390 model.
After converting to a new CICS version (from 1.2 to 2.2), we found out
that our SMF datasets were filling up too fast. The reason is that the
lenght of standard type 110 monitoring records (that we collect) has
hugely increased (we are mostly a CICS shop, with lot of CICS activity).

To deal with this problem, we are trying to increase the size of our SMF
data sets. However, it seems that the maximum space we can allocate for
an SMF dataset is around 5800 cylinders (specifying
RECORDSIZE(4086,32767), as shown in the manuals). If we try to allocate
more space, we get a catalog overflow error.

Questions:
Is there a way we can allocate an SMF dataset of 10.000 cylinders?
If there is no way to allocate such a dataset, how do you suggest to
deal with this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,

JUAN MAUTALEN