>TeD,
AFAIK standard VSAM limit is 4GB (or 4GiB for purists).

You're right.
Having been out of direct involvement for awhile.
After being downsized and then moving to an outsourcer's customer, I forgot.

IBM did the no-brainer of using all the bits in a word to double the maximum
size of a non-EF VSAM file 'overnight'.
This changed it from 2 to 4 GB by using all 32 bits.

I forget when they did it.

-
-teD

I’m an enthusiastic proselytiser of the universal panacea I believe in!