Granted we were discussing stability of the 'system'  but on z/OS I
doubt that anyone has access similar to 'root' or 'administrator' (i.e.
ALL access to everything).  Yes, I as a sysprog could (mistakenly) trash
the system (and probably my job if I do it right) but mucking with the
data or even applications would be a little more difficult (no details,
auditors may be lurking ... ) and would be malicious at least.  The
potential for trashing not just the system but data and applications is
somewhat greater on the non-z/OS platforms.