On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:10:23 -0600, Rugen, Len <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm moving from z/OS 1.4 to 1.7 and the code for EXIT3 won't assemble.
>It looks like a lot of things were removed from $RDRWORK, this exit
>refers to RDWSAVE1 which appears to be one of the things removed.
>
>Before I dig deeper, does anyone have any hints on what changed?

I'm afraid you're going to have to "dig deeper" to successfully convert to
1.7.  Even if you can get your exit(s) to assemble, there is a good chance
it won't work correctly (if at all).  There are many changes introduced in
1.7 and each reader exit will require a careful review.  In some cases,
you'll have to code a second exit to retain the same functionality you had
prior to 1.7.  Start with the Exit Migration Guide which you can find here:
http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/installation/zos17_jes2_migra
tion.html

As to your specific problem, fields that used to reside in the reader work
area ($RDRWORK) have been moved to the new Job Receiver Work Area ($JRW).
This topic is covered in the Exit Migration Guide.

Good Luck!