<snip>

> That is entirely a different matter.
>
> It really depends on a lot of things like what version of cobol they
> were running. It might be just a recompile (if you are lucky) with
> minimal changes.
>
> If its assembler there are too many unknowns (for my taste) and at
> least a scan of the source with an eye towards an OS dependency.
> If there are other languages its up for grabs, IMO. There might be a
> whole re-write or just a lot of code to go through, its really
> difficult to say.
>
> You might luck out and vary little might be needed for update, its
> really hard to tell and only a person with a precticed eye can tell
> you for sure where the trouble spots will be.
>
> Ed

Yeah. I hope like the blazes that they don't have IMS. We had a sister
company with IMS/DB that they used in CICS. Getting them up to date on
IMS so that they could get up to date on CICS and z/OS was a terrible
trial. I still have nightmares!

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.